Clear, satin wood finish that uniquely combines the advantages of natural oils and waxes in one product. Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is stain resistant, water-repellent and abrasion-resistant and results in a surface that is pleasant to the touch. In comparison to conventional finishes, the use of plant ingredients creates a more even colour and more harmonious appearance.
- For ingredient-rich hardwoods such as Teak, Walnut, Cedar, Iroko, Mahogany etc.
- Penetrates deeply
- Protects against wear, dirt and moisture
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as wine, beer, cola, coffee, tea, fruit juice, milk and water in accordance with German DIN 68861-1A
- No primer necessary, not even in bathrooms or kitchens
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children’s toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
- Simple application – without primer or intermediate sanding – this saves time and money
- Approx. coverage: 20m²/L with one coat
- No. of coats: 2 coats
- Application temperature: +5°C
- Drying time: 12hrs.
- Sizes: 0.75L, 2.5L
Clear Satin: The emphasis on the wood’s grain and natural characteristics provides a warm and rich effect to ensure that any interior looks luxurious and elegant.
Wood surface must be clean, dry and frost-free (moisture content max. 18%). Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin is ready to use. Do not thin. Stir well before use. Clean old microporous stains thoroughly. Old paints and lacquers must be completely removed. As a general rule, wear a dust mask during sanding works. Fill small cracks, larger joints or holes in wood (with Osmo Wood Filler). If possible, please apply the first coat to all sides before installation. Sand wood surfaces carefully. Begin with coarse sandpaper – final sanding work for flooring 120-150, for furniture P220-240. Before oiling the surface, remove sanding dust with a broom or vacuum. The finished surface is influenced by several factors, including the condition of the wood. Therefore, a trial application is always required, especially for unfamiliar surfaces.
METHODS OF APPLICATION
Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin can be brushed, wiped, dipped or sprayed in an enclosed unit.
Apply evenly along the wood grain with a brush or a lint-free cloth (e.g. for furniture).
1st coat: apply thinly. Allow to dry for approx. 30 minutes under good ventilation. Wipe away any excess product. Reapply to unsaturated areas.
2nd coat: apply thinly. Allow to dry for approx. 30 minutes under good ventilation. Wipe away any excess product.
Recommended number of coats: one coat for furniture / two coats for flooring. For renovation works, one coat applied to the clean and dry surface is usually sufficient.
Approx. 12 hours (normal climatic conditions, 23 °C/50 % rel. humidity). Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying.
1 litre covers approx. 24 m² with one coat. Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood. All information refers to smooth and planed/ sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage.
Oils enhance the natural tone of wood (permanent wet effect). Applying the product too generously and insufficient ventilation lead to delays in drying time. Caution: Apply max. one coat thinly to cabinet interiors and drawers with a cloth.
- Green Oak moisture content is often above the maximum 20% recommended.
- Idigbo contains yellow dyes which leaches when the wood becomes wet and stains when in contact within iron.
- Other woods treated with a varnish, lacquer or other surface coatings must be completely sanded before use.
For all other wood species, always trial apply.